In order to promote collaboration among global Christian servant-leaders, The Judson Center seeks to give a platform to those who wish to produce blog posts, book reviews, missions resources, theological reflections, historical insights, and other contributions, which essentially advance the aim of The Judson Center. Contributors include:
- Dan Brown is a current student, enrolled in the M.A. in Global Leadership program at Western Seminary. He, his wife and three kids, have been living in Northeast Japan for the past four years, serving through SIM and Asian Access, partnering with a local church in living out the Great Commission. Prior to Japan, Dan was involved in youth ministry for ten plus years as a volunteer, intern, director, and pastor at a church in San Diego, CA.
- Evan Burns directs The Judson Center, and he works as the Director of the M.A. in Global Leadership program at Western Seminary. He is the author of A Supreme Desire to Please Him: The Spirituality of Adoniram Judson. He is also on faculty at Asia Biblical Theological Seminary, where he serves in Southeast Asia with his wife and twin sons. They have previously served as long-term missionaries in the Middle East and East Asia. He is on the executive committee for the Southeast Asia Network for the Gospel. When they are not in Southeast Asia, they call Alaska home, where Dr. Burns serves as the President of Great Commission Alaska.
- Jared Cox is the director of Petra International Ministries and the President of Ministerio Cristiano Petra in Managua, Nicaragua. Jared and His wife, Tanya, served in Nicaragua for 15 years church planting. Jared was the founder and Sr. Pastor of Petra Bible Church, Managua, Nicaragua for 10 years. Currently Jared is the director of Plantar: School of Ministry located in Managua, Nicaragua. There are now five Petra Bible Churches in Nicaragua as well as a farm and international camp on Ometepe Island. He is also the director of the International School of Discipleship located in Bozeman, Montana and is an adjunct professor of church planting and discipleship at Montana Bible College. He holds an M.Div. from Western Seminary.
- Karen Hedinger is a missionary who lives in Portland, OR. She and her husband were missionaries in Mexico for 12 years before moving to work in their mission’s home office in Philadelphia. Karen is now one of the trainers at the Institute for International Christian Communication, known better as WorldView. WorldView trains Gospel messengers how to understand and share their lives with people in a new culture and a new language so they can better share the Good News of Jesus Christ with them. Karen also is an Administrative Assistant at Western Seminary and a student in the Master of Arts in Global Leadership.
- Jared James Hla was born in Burma, grew up in Missouri, and is currently serving in Thailand. He is a student at Asia Biblical Theological Seminary pursing an M.R.E. degree with concentration in Education. Though stationed in Thailand, his ministry extends into Burma as well as to Karen people in the States. He served as a youth minister in Illinois for three years before returning to Thailand in 2007 to join his parents in the mission work.
- Luke Lacey and his wife Erin serve as missionaries with Word of Life Fellowship in Johannesburg, South Africa. Their main focus is partnering with local churches to reach the youth and young adults of South Africa with the gospel and provide training and encouragement for youth pastors and church leaders. Their purpose and desire is to be used of the Lord to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. He is a current student, enrolled in the Master of Arts in Global Leadership program at Western Seminary.
- Allan Morelos and his wife have served as bi-vocational missionaries with The Philippine Navigators in Thailand since 1996. As a self-supporting tentmaker, he taught English Language Education and Linguistics courses in the undergradute and graduate school programs in the Philippines and in Thailand. He also taught English as a Second Language in Virginia Newport News Public Schools System and currently, in an international school in Thailand. Allan and his wife lead small group Bible Studies and are engaged in one-on-one discipling and mentoring of young leaders. They also serve as ‘alongsiders’ to some of the Filipino missionaries and tentmakers in Thailand. Allan is currently enrolled in the Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies program at Asia Biblical Theological Seminary of Cornerstone University.
- Marvin Newell is Senior Vice President of Missio Nexus, a network of evangelical mission agencies, churches and training centers in North America. Previously he served as a missionary to Indonesia, a mission administrator, a professor of missions, and director of a missions association. He is the author of: A Martyr’s Grace, Commissioned: What Jesus Wants You to Know as You Go and Expect Great Things: Mission Quotes that Inform and Inspire. Marv and his wife Peggy have been involved in missions for 35 years. He also an adjunct professor for the Master of Arts in Global Leadership program at Western Seminary
- Josh Wheatley is a current M.Div. student at Western Seminary. He and his wife live in Walla Walla, WA and have five children. Josh is a National Board certified teacher and has taught high school math and science in the public school system for the past 11 years.